Spring Carnival of Lights
GHE PTA is postponing Spring Carnival. We are working with the administration on options for rescheduling later in the school year.
LOCATION: Green Hope Elementary campus
Each Spring we transform GHE into an amazing, fun-filled wonderland! There are games and prizes for kids and auctions and raffle baskets to help raise money for the many programs and services the PTA provides to the school.
This year we're celebrating Carnival's 20th anniversary and will have many new activities for kids and parents plus fun favorites like the cupcake walk!
Instead of using punch cards, this year glow-in-the-dark wrist bands will give kids ALL ACCESS to the games and activities.
Wrist bands will be sold in advance for $12 or 4/$40. Pre-sales end March 18. The price will go up to $15 at the door.
Note: Children 4 and under (and adults if you're game, haha) can play games and activities for free!
This year the Spring Carnival auction is moving online! From Disney Park tickets to fun activities with your favorite teacher (more than 30 GHE teachers and staff are auctioning Falcon Fun experiences), this year's auction has something for everyone! There are over 60 amazing items and experiences to bid on. And with everything online, we would miss you, but you don't even have to be at Carnival to bid and win!
Here are a few things you should know about the auction:
When does the preview start?
- Auction preview opens Friday, March 13, 2020
- You do not need to provide any personal information to preview
How does bidding work?
- Bidding opens at 9AM on Thursday, March 19
- You will need to provide a name and email address to bid on items
- Bid confirmations, outbid notifications, and winner confirmations are sent to you via email and will come from 32 Auctions
- If you do not immediately see a bid confirmation email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folder
- The auction ends at 8PM on Friday, March 20
How do I pay when I win?
- If you are the lucky winner, you will receive an invoice via email with your winning bid amount
- If you are at Carnival, you can pay in person at the front lobby via cash, check or credit card
- Following the Carnival, you may pay here at ghepta.org with credit card or via cash or check made out to GHE PTA turned into the front office in a sealed envelope marked “GHE PTA Spring Carnival”
- Payment must be received by March 31, 2020 or your bid will be forfeit and the item will be awarded to the next highest, eligible bidder
- The Green Hope Elementary PTA will reach out to arrange delivery of your item(s) once payment has been received
Our popular raffle baskets are back! Raffle tickets will be $1. Buy lots of tickets to enter as many times and in as many baskets as you want!
Each grade level will design their own raffle baskets. If you have not received a sign up genius from your teacher, click on the link to your grade to donate an item toward the raffle baskets.
- 5th Grade: Gaming
- 4th Grade: Loungin'
- 3rd Grade: Summertime
- 2nd Grade: Kids that Go
- 1st Grade: Everything Glows
- Kindergarten: Frozen Family Fun
The Carnival is the PTA's second biggest fundraiser of the year and it takes an enormous effort to pull off. It's a great way to get involved at the school and many hands will make everyone's job a bit easier. We cannot have Carnival without your help!
We will also be collecting store-bought cupcakes for our extremely popular cupcake walk activity! Please considering signing up to donate a dozen cupcakes.